Wednesday night we went to Cub Scouts. While we were there Walker unknowingly stood in a giant anthill and was biten alive! He came and told me what had happened but I didn’t realize the severity until the next day when his ankle swelled up to twice it’s usual size. However, it wasn’t until Friday that it started getting these water blisters and his foot was changing colors that I decided to take him to Urgent Care.
The doctor diagnosed him with having an allergic reaction and infection. They put him on Sulfameth/Trimethoprim which is an antibiotic, and Prednisone which is a corticosteroid to control the inflammation and allergy. He also has him taking Benadryl to help with the itching and Ibuprofen for pain as well as icing it when needed.
The pictures below were taken yesterday, 4 days after the incident, and much of the swelling and blistering has already begun to go away.